Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A "Blast from the Past"

Some have made fun of me for sticking with the cardfile.exe program that came with Windows 3.1 I liked it, it still worked and I didn't see any reason to get rid of it. BUT. Along came Windows Vista and it doesn't seem to like too many older programs.

I have searched for at least six months to find an equitable program. Some were overpriced, some weren't small enough and others failed miserably when it came time to use them with Vista (I still haven't found one that works with the IMAC yet).

Then I stumbled upon a little program called azzcardfile. It's small (doesn't monopolize system memory), does what I need and it doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles. Try it at:
http://www.azzcardfile.com/

There's also a really good help file that lets you know (that is if you read the Help files) that you need to export your current .lst file into one that is 3.0 compatible. Then create a new file in azzcardfile and select import.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home